Jello salads were always a popular treat in the '50 and '60's. Fancy or simple they were always good and kids adored them. Mom had this one and used it for grandkid's on the weekend and adults at family dinners. Try Jello again...so many more flavors.
- add 2 large pks of Jello...one red and one green any flavor
- add 1 reg size whip topping
- add 1 large can crushed pineapple (drained)
- add 1/2 bag of small marshmallows
- add 1 pkg of coconut
- Make the jello in two different 8x8 pans and use 1/4 less water so it sits up hard. The Jello will be one color in one pan and one color in the other...your choice of flavor. Chill
- Once Chilled (1-2hrs) and well set..cut the jello into small squares and put into a salad bowl.
- Carefully add in the other ingredients and slowly fold them into the jello - trying to keep the form of the squares as you go.
- Chill again and serve.