stellar crab cakes. try em!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- add 1/4 cup minced green onions
- add 2 large egg yolks
- add 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- add 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon
- add 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- add 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- add ﻿1 tablespoon finely grated lemon peel
- add 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- add 1 pound Dungeness crab meat, or your
- add preferred local crab such as Blue crab
- add 2 cups panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)*
- add 2 tablespoons (or more) butter
- add 4 tablespoons (or more) olive oil
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.Whisk together the mayonnaise, green onions, egg yolks, lemon juice, tarragon, cilantro, mustard, lemon peel and black pepper in large bowl.
- Add in crabmeat and 1 cup of panko, breaking up crabmeat slightly.
- Let the mix stand for 10 minutes. Form crab mixture into sixteen 2-inch-diameter patties, using about a ? cup for each cake.
- Place the patties on the parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour, but can be held for up to 24 hours.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter with 2 tablespoons of olive oil in each of 2 heavy large skillets over medium-high heat.
- Add crab cakes to skillets and cook until golden on both sides (adding more butter and oil as needed) about 5 minutes total.
- Transfer cakes to napkins to drain off any excess oil. Plate crab cakes with a dollop of remoulade on top of each.
- A small salad of mixed greens is an excellent accompaniment with this dish.