A fresh Mexican Appetizer - Great for Parties!! I have been making this for years & I am expected to make it for EVERY party during the Summer months!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- add 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- add 2-3 large avocados
- add 1 lime
- add 1 bunch chopped green onions
- add 16 ounces sour cream
- add 2-3 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- add 2-3 chopped de-seeded tomatoes
- add black olives
- add salt
- add nacho chips
- Layer #1: Spread the entire can of Refried Beans on a dinner-sized plate/platter.
- Layer #2: Mash the Avacados w/ a little fresh Lime Juice & Salt to taste. Spread Avacado evenly over Refried Beans.
- Layer #3: Mix the Taco Seasoning into the Container of Sour Cream. Spread this evenly over the Avacado layer.
- Layer #4: Chopped Green Onion.
- Layer #5: Sliced Black Olives.
- Layer #6: Chopped Tomatoes I like to remove the seeds before chopping, so it does not turn into 7-Layer Soup.
- Layer #7: Freshly Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese.
- Serve with Nacho Chips - I like to get the Nacho Chips from a local Mexican Restaurant.