- Grated Montery Jack Cheese
- 8 flour taco-sized tortillas
- sm. container Sour Cream
- 2 Tomatoes
- 2 8 oz. cans Crushed Pineapple
- (or Teriyaki Sauce)
- 1/2 C Yoshida's Gourmet Marinade
- Johnny's Seasoning Salt
- 3 T oil
- 2 T butter
- 3 lg. sweet onions
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1) Chicken - Cut partially thawed chicken breasts into chunks and process in food processor till completely ground. Put 2T of the oil in a non-stick frypan and add chicken. Cook till completely cooked through. Season to taste with Johnny's Seasoning Salt. Add 1/2 C Yoshida's Marinade and simmer till liquid is absorbed.
2) Onoions - Heat 2 T butter and 1 T oil in second non-stick frypan. Cut onions in half cross-wise and cut into 1/2 inch slices. Add to pan and saute till transparent and just turning brown.
3) Crushed Pineapple - drain well in a strainer.
4) Tomatoes - Cut Tomatoes in half cross-wise and squeeze out juice and seeds. Dice into 1/4 inch pieces.
5) Assemble Fajitas - Spread a tortilla with approx. 1 T Sour Cream. Spread about 1/4 Cup Chichen mixture down middle of tortilla. Top with a spoonful of onions. Add a layer of tomato, then a layer of pineapple. Sprinkle a little Montery Jack Cheese on top and roll up tortilla.
Fajitas can be completely assembled and put on a platter, or all the componants put in individual bowls and guests asked to assemble their own.
Location: IRVING, TX