A great recipe for a chuck underblade steak that is usually at an inexpensive cost but too often turns out tough. This one melts in your mouth and my family asks for it often. Good over mashed or small boiled potatoes, or rice.
- add 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- add 1/4 cup water
- add 1 tablespoon salad oil or olive oil
- add 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- add 2 lbs beef chuck underblade steak
- add parsley sprigs (to garnish) (optional)
- add 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- add 1/2 cup bottled steak sauce
- In 12-inch Dutch oven, over medium-high heat in hot oil, cook chuck steak until well browned on both sides.
- Meanwhile, in a cup, combine steak sauce, water, brown sugar, mustard and lemon juice until blended.Pour mixture over steak; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer steak 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours, or until fork-tender, turning steak once.
- To serve, remove steak to a warm platter; garnish with parsley, if desired.With a spoon, skim fat from liquid and discard.
- Pour sauce over steak or serve separately.