It is a traditional accompaniment to snacks such as spring rolls, or to barbecued foods.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 tablespoon nam som paep (palm sugar)
- add 2 tablespoons hom daeng, finely sliced (shallot)
- add 5 thangkwa (cucumber)
- add 1 tablespoon haeo, finely sliced (water chestnut)
- add 1 tablespoon prik chi fa daeng, sliced (red Thai jalapenos)
- add 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- Slice the cucumber in four lengthwise, then slice the pieces to segments about an eighth of an inch thick.
- Slice the tops of the chilies (green ones can be used if red are not available, but Thais like the color contrast), tap out any loose seeds and discard, then slice the chilies across into thin rounds.
- Slice the shallots and water chestnuts.
- Combine and serve. This will keep 2 or 3 weeks in a refrigerator.