a jerky chicken
Servs: 4 Prep: Cook:
"A great Jamaican style dish. A spicy blend of herbs, vinegar, and a habanero pepper make this chicken dish unforgettable. Serve with rice, yum!"
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- add 1 teaspoon onion, finely chopped
- add 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 inch strips
- add 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- add 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- add 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- add 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- add 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- add 1 habanero pepper, sliced
- add 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- Combine the onion, brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, thyme, sesame oil, garlic, allspice and habanero pepper in the container of a food processor or blender. Process until smooth. Place the chicken into a large resealable bag, and pour in 3/4 of the sauce. Squeeze out excess air, and seal. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Preheat your oven's broiler.
- Remove chicken from bag, and discard marinade. Broil chicken for 10 to 15 minutes, turning once to ensure even cooking. Heat remaining sauce in a small pan, and pour over chicken when serving.