Servs: 24 Prep: Cook:
"Tired of the same old, boring carrot cake? THIS is the Carrot cake you'll love forever! A little different because some of the ingredients aren't what you'd find in a 'normal' carrot cake. My own MOTHER, who despises anything coconut, had two helpings for dessert and took some home!! Don't knock it until you try it!! You'll never go back to that boring recipe again."
- add 2 cups grated carrots
- add 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- add 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- add 1 cup raisins
- add 2 cups white sugar
- add 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- add 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- add 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- add 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- add 4 eggs
- add 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- add 2 cups all-purpose flour
- add 2 teaspoons baking powder
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1 teaspoon baking soda
- add 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a 10x15x2 inch baking dish or 10 inch Bundt pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside. In a separate larger bowl, mix together the eggs, sugar and vanilla by hand. Stir in the oil; the mixture should resemble pudding. Gradually stir in the dry ingredients, then fold in the carrots, pineapple coconut, walnuts and raisins. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and spread evenly.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a small knife inserted into the cake comes out clean.