abby's chicken rollatini
Servs: 4 Prep: Cook:
"Much like Chicken Saltimbocca, this is chicken smothered in parmesan cheese and rolled with mozzarella and prosciutto and baked in white wine."
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- add 1 pinch black pepper
- add 4 teaspoons butter
- add 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- add 10 ounces sliced whole milk mozzarella cheese
- add 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- add 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- add 1/3 cup white wine
- add 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Pound chicken breasts flat, and lay them on work surface. Sprinkle liberally with Parmesan cheese on both sides. Place a pinch of minced garlic and 1 teaspoon butter in the center of each breast. Cover each breast with a layer of prosciutto and mozzarella cheese. Reserve some of the prosciutto to place on top of the chicken. Roll up each chicken breast, and secure with toothpicks.
- In a 9x13 inch baking dish, combine white wine and olive oil. Arrange chicken rolls in dish. Place a small piece of prosciutto on top of each roll, and sprinkle with pepper.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink, an juices run clear.