Servs: 6 Prep: Cook:
"This has got to be the tastiest and the most moist cornbread I have ever made. It is the most requested thing I cook, so I am sharing it. Don't let the ingredients fool you. It's unbelievable."
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- add 1 cup white sugar
- add 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- add 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- add 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- add 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- add 1/2 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers, drained
- add 4 eggs
- add 1 cup butter, melted
- add 4 teaspoons baking powder
- add 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time. Blend in cream corn, chiles, Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture to corn mixture; stir until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted into center of the pan comes out clean.