Absolutely Sinful Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
Filed Under: cookie
Servs: 24 Prep: Cook:
"This recipe was given to me by my grandmother 10 years ago. They were always a HUGE hit at work pig-outs and now my family loves them! A wonderful soft cookie that is incredibly chocolaty."
- add 2 1/2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- add 2 cups all-purpose flour
- add 2/3 cup sour cream
- add 2 eggs
- add 1 teaspoon baking powder
- add 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- add 1/2 cup butter
- add 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- add 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In the microwave or over a double boiler, melt unsweetened chocolate and butter together, stirring occasionally until smooth. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light. Mix in the chocolate mixture until well blended. Stir in the sifted ingredients alternately with sour cream, then mix in chocolate chips. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.