Servs: 24 Prep: Cook:
"This is a secret family recipe for chocolate chip cookies! Everyone who tries them begs for more. Enjoy!!"
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- add 3/4 cup brown sugar
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 1 cup butter flavored shortening
- add 2 eggs
- add 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- add 2 teaspoons Mexican vanilla extract
- add 3/4 cup white sugar
- add 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter flavored shortening, brown sugar and white sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla .Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually stir into the creamed mixture. Finally, fold in the chocolate chips. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until light brown. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.