Servs: 2 Prep: Cook:
"Easy, fast, healthy and delicious! This perfect weeknight dish takes less than 30 minutes, so it's a regular in our house. You can vary the heat by the kind and amount of chile powder and hot peppers you use. Serve over hot cooked rice, if desired."
- add 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- add 1 tablespoon olive oil
- add salt and pepper to taste
- add 1 tablespoon chili powder, divided
- add 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into bite-size pieces
- add 1/2 cup chopped onion
- add 10 drops hot pepper sauce
- add 1 large tomato, cut into chunks
- add 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- Season chicken with 1/2 tablespoon chile powder, salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and saute seasoned chicken for 3 to 4 minutes, or until no longer pink. Remove from skillet with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- In same skillet, stir fry bell pepper and onion until soft. Add jalapeno peppers, tomatoes, remaining 1/2 tablespoon chile powder and hot pepper sauce. Cook, stirring, for an additional 3 to 5 minutes; add chicken and stir fry for 2 minutes more.