Servs: 36 Prep: Cook:
"Perfect for an autumn party, these cute cookies are a specialty of Virginia Kroon from Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina."
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 cup butter, softened
- add 1/2 cup milk
- add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- add 1 cup ground pecans
- add 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- add 1 teaspoon baking powder
- add 1 cup sugar
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1 teaspoon almond extract
- add 1 egg
- add 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in the egg, milk and extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until easy to handle.
- Divide the dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each portion to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with 2-1/2-in. acorn cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375 degrees F for 8-10 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips; stir them until smooth. Spread chocolate over the stem and cap of each acorn, leaving about a 1/4-in. border. Sprinkle pecans over chocolate. Pipe remaining chocolate in a criss-cross pattern over each acorn. Let stand until firm.