This is an easy yet elegant butter-pecan cookie shaped to resemble an acorn and dipped in melted chocolate chips and chopped pecans.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- add 1 1/2 cups pecans
- add 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- add 1 cup butter
- add 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- add 3/4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter, brown sugar, 3/4 cup chopped pecans and vanilla on medium speed until well blended.
- Add flour and baking powder and mix well, using low speed.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Slightly flatten by pressing balls onto ungreased cookie sheets; pinch tops to point to resemble acorns.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire racks.
- In top of a double boiler over simmering water, melt chocolate chips, stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat; keep double boiler over water.
- Dip large ends of cooled cookies into melted chocolate, then roll in chopped pecans.
- Cool to set chocolate.