Servs: 36 Prep: Cook:
"These cookies were always my favorite after-school treat. I could hardly wait to get home for my snack of gingersnaps and a tall glass of milk. Whenever I think of that special snack, I recall the warmth of home filled with the spicy aroma of ginger!"
- add 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- add 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- add 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- add 1 egg, beaten
- add 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- add 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- add 1/4 cup dark molasses
- add 1/2 cup sugar
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, sugars, molasses and egg. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and ginger; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to 1/8-in. thickness and cut into desired shapes. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375 degrees F for 5-6 minutes or until set (do not overbake). Remove from pan to cool on wire racks.