Servs: 2 Prep: Cook:
"A very simple version of the Japanese sushi accompaniment. Serve with stir fry, rice, goma ae or any oriental meal."
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- add 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- add 2 green onions, chopped
- add 1 (12 ounce) package extra firm tofu
- add oil for frying
- Cut tofu into 12 cubes. Place cornstarch on a plate or in a shallow bowl and dredge tofu in it, coating thoroughly.
- Heat enough oil so that tofu will be half-way submerged. Fry tofu in hot oil for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until crispy. Drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle green onions over tofu and drizzle with hoisin sauce. Serve immediately.