"This Recipe is great for kids to make or you can just let out some built up emotions! I always put a smaller amount into each child's bowl."
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 3 cups packed brown sugar
- add 6 cups rolled oats
- add 1 tablespoon baking soda
- add 3 cups butter
- add 3 cups all-purpose flour
- Put ingredients together in a bowl. For each child's bowl, use 1 cup oatmeal, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup butter or margarine, 1/2 cup of flour, and 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Then mash, knead, and squeeze with hands until there aren't any lumps of butter. Form into small balls not as big as a walnut. Put on ungreased cookie sheet. Butter the bottom of a small glass and dip in granulated sugar. Flatten each ball of dough, dipping glass in sugar each time.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) for 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool on cookie rack.