Servs: 6 Prep: Cook:
"This is a quick and easy recipe that tastes delicious. Carrots and potatoes, with salsa and meatballs, makes for a hearty, delicious soup that can be prepared in no time at all."
- add 1/3 cup milk
- add 1/3 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- add 2 small potatoes, peeled and diced
- add 2 beef bouillon cubes
- add 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- add 1 quart water
- add chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- add 1 medium onion, diced
- add 4 carrots, sliced
- add 1 1/2 cups salsa, medium or hot
- In a large stock pot, bring water, carrots, potatoes, onion, salsa, and bouillon cubes to a boil. Reduce to a medium simmer, stirring occasionally, approximately 10 minutes.
- Mix the beef, breadcrumbs, and milk together in a bowl. Form into 1-inch meatballs, and drop into boiling broth. Once soup returns to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover and cook 20 minutes, or until meatballs are no longer pink in center and vegetables are tender. Serve with sprinkled cilantro for garnish.
Recipe Reviews 2 reviews