Servs: 8 Prep: Cook:
"A lighter version of a creamy classic! I sometimes substitute peas for the broccoli."
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1 cup chicken broth
- add 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli florets
- add 16 ounces dry fettuccine pasta
- add 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- add 1 onion, chopped
- add 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- add 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- add 2 cups skim milk
- add 1 clove garlic, minced
- add 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and saute until golden brown.
- In a small saucepan, stir together milk, chicken broth, flour, salt and pepper over low heat until smooth and thick. Stir into onion mixture. Continue to cook over medium low heat, stirring frequently, until the sauce is thick. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling water. Add broccoli to the pasta for the last several minutes of cooking. Continue cooking until the pasta is al dente.
- Drain the pasta and vegetables, and transfer to a large bowl. Toss with sauce. Serve.