There is an Italian retaurant that my husband and I just happened upon. It's the real deal, owned and operated by an Italian family. My husband loved there Fettuccine Alfredo, the sauce was so thick you could eat it with a fork. The restaurant is a good ways from home and he had a craving for it, so I looked for a recipe that might work, I found several different ones and kind worked from each one til I found the right combination. It was just what he was looking for so he had me write it down so I wouldn't forget the next time I tried to fix it. I'm bad about that, coming up with a new recipe and not being able to remember it the next time. Thought I might share it. Thick and creamy!!
- add 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- add 8 ounces half-and-half cream
- add 8 ounces cream cheese
- add black pepper (to taste)
- add 1/2 cup butter
- add 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in sauce pan.
- Add cream cheese and whisk as you add half & half.
- Whisk until smooth adding cheese, garlic powder and pepper.
- Simmer until heated through.
- Pour over any pasta you choose, we even liked it on cheese tortellini.
- Serve with a nice green salad, garlic bread, and a nice glass of wine.
- Very filling!