This is a great recipe that I've learned! The sauce is so thick and creamy you probably won't have room for seconds! The shrimp is optional, but it makes a great accent to the sauce.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 garlic cloves
- add 1 dozen medium sized prawns
- add 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 2 small garlic cloves
- add 1 (8 ounce) package of room tempurature cream cheese (light works great too)
- add 1/2 cup butter
- add 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- add 1 cup whipping cream
- add your favorite pasta
- add pepper
- Shrimp: Heat oil in a medium sauce pan over medium/high heat.
- Add garlic and shrimp.
- Toss in pan until shrimp are red in color, or for about 8-10 minutes.
- Turn off heat, and place over to the side.
- Sauce: Melt butter in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add the cream cheese in by the spoon full, taking care to whisk as you go along.
- Slowly add in the cream, and whisk until creamy.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients, and continue whisking until cheese is melted.
- Turn down heat to low, and just before serving over your favorite pasta, throw in your garlic shrimp, and mix all together!