This is the Alfredo sauce that my family likes best. I have only tried it with Kraft grated parmesan cheese, not anything imported or fancy, and I still like the way it tastes. It is creamy, but not terribly thick, and really cheesy.
- add 12 tablespoons sweet creamy butter
- add 3 cups heavy cream
- add 1 cup parmesan cheese
- add salt and pepper
- In a large sauce pan, heat cream, butter, salt and pepper.
- While stirring almost constantly cook over medium-low for approximately 10 minutes so that butter and cream mixture is hot, but not boiling. Do not over cook.
- Add Parmesan cheese and stir constantly until cheese melts completely and sauce begins to thicken, approximately 10 minutes.