For those of you who love alfredo sauce, this is the best recipe out there. I received this recipe from Olive Garden. All ingredients can be slightly varied to taste.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add salt and pepper
- add 6 egg yolks
- add garlic powder (optional)
- add 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- add 1/2 cup grated romano cheese
- add 1 1/2 cups milk
- add 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- In a heavy bottom sauce pan, add milk and heavy cream and bring to a simmer.Slowly stir in grated cheeses until melted. Remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg yolks together.Use a ladle or small cup to slowly pour in a small portion of the hot cream mixture into the egg yolks stirring quickly.Continue to temper the eggs until the egg mixture becomes hot.Combine the egg mixture with the remaining cream mixture.Season with salt, pepper, and/or garlic to taste.Serve immediately over your favorite pasta.