I don't know who Alice is, but she makes a darn good chicken! :) This is a delicious recipe, and versatile - experiment with using your favorite dressings.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- add 2 tablespoons butter
- add 1 1/2 cups grated monterey jack cheese
- add 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- add 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- add 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- add 16 ounces honey mustard dressing or caesar salad dressing or other favorite salad dressing
- add 8 slices bacon
- Place chicken in a glass dish or bowl.
- Poke each breast with a fork several times.
- Pour Worcestershire sauce over and turn to coat them well.
- Cover dish or bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet.
- Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.
- Drain, and set aside.
- Remove most of the fat from the skillet, but do not wipe it clean.
- In same skillet used to cook bacon, melt the butter.
- Add mushrooms and green onions, and saute for about 10 minutes, or until soft.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Remove chicken from marinade and discard any remaining liquid.
- Broil chicken breasts for about 5 minutes each side.
- When the cooking of the chicken is almost complete, top each breast with 2 slices bacon and grated cheese.
- Continue to broil until cheese has melted and remove from oven.
- Serve with mushroom mixture and a variety of salad dressings for topping.