Served these for my DSS's little league team. A big hit with them.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- add 1 medium onion
- add 1 (14 ounce) jar pizza sauce
- add 3/4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- add vegetable cooking spray
- add 1 1/2 lbs turkey sausage
- add 12 hamburger buns
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- add 12 slices mozzarella cheese
- add 1 teaspoon pepper
- Combine ground beef, sausage, salt, and pepper; shape into 12 patties.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray.
- Place on grill over medium-hot coals.
- Place patties on rack and cook, uncovered, 5 minutes on each side or until done, brushing patties occasionlly with 3/4 cup pizza sauce.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and if desired, onion.
- Serve on buns with mozzarella cheese and remaining pizza sauce.