"I have found that cooking your sauce all day like my father taught me is the best way. In addition to that, I make my sauce this way whether I am making linguine, stuffed shells or lasagna. I like to utilize convenience whenever possible so I use pre minced and jarred herbs. You can use what ever your preference is for meat, whether it be ground turkey meatballs or chicken Italian sausage. It will always be a hit with your family and friends! Try serving with your favorite pasta."
- add 1 tablespoon olive oil
- add 1 large onion, chopped
- add 1 pound lean ground beef
- add 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- add 1/2 pound beef neck bones
- add 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- add 2 teaspoons dried basil
- add 3 cloves garlic, minced
- add 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- add 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- add 3 cups water
- In a large pot saute onion, garlic, oregano and basil in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the neck bones and let simmer with the lid on until the onions are transparent. Note: if using ground beef cook with onion mixture.
- Once onions are clear, add the tomato sauce, tomatoes, tomato paste and water. If using meat in your recipe add at this time. Cover and simmer for several hours.
- Before serving, remove neck bones and discard.