Servs: 24 Prep: Cook:
"Extra rich chocolate chip cookies. These stay soft a long time!"
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 cup butter, softened
- add 2 cups all-purpose flour
- add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- add 1 cup chopped walnuts
- add 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- add 3/4 cup white sugar
- add 2 eggs
- add 1/2 cup shortening
- add 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 2 cups rolled oats
- add 1 tablespoon coffee-flavored liqueur
- add 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream together the shortening, butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and coffee liqueur. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the sugar mixture. Mix in the oats, chocolate chips, and walnuts. Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into balls, and place them 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Cool on a wire rack for a few minutes before eating!