almond apricot coffee cake
Servs: 12 Prep: Cook:
"From Greenfield, Iowa, Sharon Mensing writes, 'The nutty aroma and delicate fruit flavor make this cake special enough to serve for company.'"
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 3/4 cup slivered almonds, divided
- add 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- add 1 (12 ounce) jar apricot preserves, divided
- add 2 cups all-purpose flour
- add 1 cup sour cream
- add 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- add 3 eggs
- add 2 cups sugar
- add 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- add 1 teaspoon almond extract
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter. Gradually beat in sugar until light and fluffy, about 5-7 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in almond extract. Combine dry ingredients; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Beat on low just until blended. Spread half of the batter in a greased and floured 12-cup fluted tube pan. Sprinkle with half of the almonds. Spread half of the preserves to within 1/2 in of the edges. Cover with remaining batter. Spoon remaining preserves over batter to within 1/2 in of edges. Sprinkle with remaining almonds. Bake at 350 degrees F for 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 15 minutes. Carefully invert onto a serving platter.