Servs: 16 Prep: Cook:
"This is my favorite family recipe. The almonds and apricots make it a colorful coffee cake and an outstanding dessert."
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 3/4 cup sliced almonds, divided
- add 2 cups all-purpose flour
- add 1 cup butter, softened
- add 1 (12 ounce) jar apricot preserves, divided
- add 3 eggs
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- add 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- add 1 1/2 cups sugar
- add 1 teaspoon baking powder
- add 1 cup sour cream
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition until smooth and fluffy. On low speed of mixer, blend in sour cream and extract. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix just until combined. Sprinkle half of almonds in a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Spread half of batter over nuts. Carefully spoon half of preserves over batter, keeping preserves away from edges of pan. Sprinkle with remaining almonds. Spoon on remaining batter; add remaining preserves to center of batter. Bake at 350 degrees F for 50-60 minutes. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely.