These dry cookies are delicous when served with a nice big cup of coffee after a meal.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 3/4 ounces pine nuts
- add 1 egg
- add 1 3/4 ounces slivered almonds
- add 1 teaspoon vanilla
- add 1/3 cup sugar
- add 1 cup all-purpose flour
- add 1 3/4 ounces dark chocolate
- add 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- add 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Grease a large cookie sheet Whisk the egg, sugar, and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer until it is thick and pale-ribbons of mixture should trail from the whisk as you lift it Sift the flour, baking powder, and cinnamon in a seperate bowl, then sift into the egg mixture and fold in gently.
- Stir in the chocolate, almonds, and pine nuts Turn out onto a lightly floured surface counter and shape into a flat log about 9-inches long and 3/4 inches wide.
- Transfer to the prepared cookie sheet Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes, or until firm Transfer to a cutting board.
- Using a serrated bread knife, cut the log into slices about 1/2 inch thick and arrange them on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, turning half way through the cooking time Let cool for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.