Servs: 12 Prep: Cook:
"This dish refrigerates and freezes well, so it can be prepared ahead and stored."
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 1/2 cups uncooked long grain white rice
- add 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts
- add 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- add 3 cups cornflakes cereal
- add 2 cups chicken broth
- add 2 teaspoons ground white pepper
- add 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- add 5 cups diced cooked chicken
- add 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- add 1 cup chopped celery
- add 3 cups water
- add 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- add 1 1/2 cups sliced almonds
- add 1 cup butter, melted
- add 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- add 1 tablespoon salt
- Combine rice and water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl stir together the cooked rice, diced chicken, mayonnaise, yogurt, cream of mushroom soup, and chicken broth. Mix in the lemon juice, onion, water chestnuts, 1 cup of sliced almonds, and celery. Season with white pepper and salt. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- In a bowl, toss the remaining 1/2 cup sliced almonds and cornflakes cereal with the melted butter. Spread evenly over the casserole.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned.