Servs: 12 Prep: Cook:
"Mayonnaise and soup stirred into cooked chicken breast and rice with a little onion/celery saute, then topped with slivered almonds and cereal crumbs. Fantastic casserole. This recipe was catered in for my sister's wedding. Everyone wanted the recipe, it is sooo good!"
- add 1 cup crushed cornflake crumbs
- add 1/2 cup blanched slivered almonds
- add 1 cup mayonnaise
- add 2 tablespoons butter
- add 2 cups diced celery
- add 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- add 4 tablespoons chopped onion
- add 2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- add 3 cups cooked, chopped chicken breast meat
- add 1/2 tablespoon butter
- In a saucepan bring water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Set aside. Melt 1/2 tablespoon butter in a medium skillet over medium heat; saute onion and celery until soft.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine the chicken, rice, onion and celery in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Stir in mayonnaise and soup, then almonds. Top with crushed cornflakes and 2 tablespoons butter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, until golden brown.