Servs: 4 Prep:
"This is a great summer salad that can be prepared ahead of time so you can enjoy the day."
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 tablespoons white sugar
- add 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- add 1 tablespoon ground dry mustard
- add 1/2 cup blanched slivered almonds, toasted
- add 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- add 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- add 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- add 1 large carrot, shredded
- add 1/2 pound sugar snap peas, halved
- add 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken breast meat
- add 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- add 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, mix together the onions, carrot, red pepper, peas, chicken, cilantro and almonds. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar, vinegar, sesame oil, teriyaki sauce and dry mustard until smooth. Pour over salad mixture and toss until coated. Serve in pita pockets or on a bed of lettuce.