Servs: 42 Prep: Cook:
"Boxed cake mix makes this biscotti easy to prepare, but the taste and appearance make it memorable. 'I've given neighbors these decadent chocolate-covered delights for the holidays,' writes Ginger Charfield of Muscatine, Iowa."
- add 1 (10 ounce) package vanilla or white chips
- add 1 cup all-purpose flour
- add 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- add 2 tablespoons shortening
- add 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- add 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- add 1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- add 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- add 2 eggs
- add 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry cake mix, flour, butter, chocolate syrup, eggs and extracts; mix well. Stir in the almonds and miniature chocolate chips. Divide dough in half. On ungreased baking sheets, shape each portion into a 12-in. x 2-in. log.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes o until firm to the touch. Cool for 15 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; carefully cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 1/2-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a small heavy saucepan over low heat, melt vanilla chips and shortening. Drizzle over biscotti; let stand until hardened. Store in an airtight container.