Servs: 10 Prep:
"This no-bake chocolate dessert from Rhonda Lanterman of Terrace, British Columbia has a tasty almond crust and smooth fluffy filling that's almost like a mousse. 'It's so simple to make ahead of time and so delicious,' she says."
- add 1 cup sugar
- add 8 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
- add 2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- add 2/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- add 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- add 1/4 cup cold water
- add 1 (.25 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- Set aside 1 tablespoon almonds for garnish. Chop remaining almonds; sprinkle into a greased 9-in. springform pan. In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar.
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved. Beat into cream cheese mixture. Add melted chocolate; beat until blended. Fold in the whipped cream. Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle with reserved almonds. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.