Servs: 12 Prep: Cook:
"Breakfast or brunch bun with the added crunch of toasted almonds."
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- add 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- add 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- add 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- add 1/4 cup chopped toasted almonds
- add 3/8 teaspoon almond extract
- add 2 tablespoons milk
- add 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- add 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (195 degrees C).
- Combine softened butter or margarine, brown sugar, flour, 1 tablespoon milk, and 1/8 teaspoon almond extract. Mix well. Spoon mixture into 12 ungreased muffin cups.
- Separate dough into 4 long rectangles. Firmly press perforations to seal. Combine melted butter and 1/8 teaspoon almond extract; brush on dough. Sprinkle with nuts, and roll dough up jellyroll fashion. Cut each roll of dough into 3 slices. Place in muffin cups.
- Place muffin pan on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. When done, invert rolls immediately onto cooling rack.
- Combine confectioners' sugar, 1 tablespoon milk, and 1/8 teaspoon almond extract. Drizzle over hot rolls.