Servs: 20 Prep: Cook:
We have a famous hotel here in Pinehurst. They serve fabulous food, and people come from all over to eat their chicken salad. THIS IS BETTER!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 5 lbs chicken tenders
- add Seasoned salt
- add 2 tbsp olive oil
- add 1 large onion, quartered
- add 3-4 cups water
- add 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- add 1 tbsp dried parsley, or several springs of fresh
- add 1/2 cup bottled Italian dressing
- add 1 cup mayonnaise
- add 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- add 1-1/2 tsp celery seed
- add 2 tbsp sugar
- add 1/4 tsp salt
- add Dash paprika
- add 1/2 cup sour cream
- add 1 tbsp honey
- add 1/2 cup slivered almonds or chopped pecans
- Sprinkle the chicken with the seasoned salt. Brown ever so slightly in the olive oil in a large frying pan or pot. Remove chicken to a platter and repeat with remaining pieces. After all the chicken has been lightly browned, return all to the pan. Add onion, water, bouillon cubes, and parsley. Cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat, cool. Shred/chop chicken and refrigerate. Save the broth for another day.
- Combine the Italian dressing, mayonnaise (here in NC it has to be Duke's Mayonnaise), wine vinegar, celery seed, sugar, salt and paprika.
- Toss the cooled, shredded chicken with one cup of dressing and let stand at least one hour to marinate.
- Combine the remaining dressing with the sour cream and honey. Add to chicken and mix well. Add nuts.