Servs: 20 Prep:
"This refreshing fruit salad recipe with a wonderful twist comes from Hawaii. It's a conversation piece as well...great for parties and potlucks. The Almond Ice will have everyone guessing why these 'ice cubes' don't melt!! Hint: Avoid citrus fruits so the gelatin remains firm."
- add 1 cup cubed cantaloupe
- add 4 cups cold water
- add 2 1/4 cups boiling water
- add 5 (.25 ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- add 1 cup seedless grapes
- add 1 1/3 cups white sugar
- add 4 teaspoons almond extract
- add 1 cup fresh strawberries, halved
- Soften gelatin in 1 cup cold water. Add 2 1/4 cups boiling water and sugar. Stir until thoroughly dissolved. Add 3 cups cold water and the almond extract. Mix well.
- Pour gelatin mixture into a 9x13 inch pan and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Cut into 1 inch squares and serve in a bowl with cut fruits.