Servs: 8 Prep: Cook:
"This granola is good and crunchy with lots of sweet flavor, thanks to the pure maple syrup and dark brown sugar. It uses a lot less oil than some granola recipes. Can be made 1 week ahead."
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 cup raisins
- add 6 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- add 1 (14 ounce) package flaked coconut
- add 2 tablespoons warm water
- add 3 cups rolled oats
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- add 6 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- add 1 cup blanched slivered almonds
- add 1/3 cup unsalted sunflower seeds (optional)
- add 1/4 cup wheat germ
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Lightly grease a cookie sheet with sides, or a large cake pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss together the oats, almonds, wheat germ, coconut, and sunflower seeds. In a separate bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, brown sugar, oil, water and salt. Pour the liquid over the oat and nut mixture, and stir until evenly coated. Spread out on the prepared cookie sheet. If you want some chunky bits, squeeze some small handfuls into little clumps.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes in the preheated oven, stirring occasionally until evenly toasted. Mix in raisins. Cool, and store in an airtight container at room temperature.