Here is alittle sweetie for those that crave a treat - Just have one cookie and you will be fine - even maybe 2 but no more. This is a Splenda recipe. Caution read the review abd then decide if you want to make them!
- add 3/4 cup Splenda sugar substitute (or use real sugar if you dare)
- add 3 egg whites
- add 1 teaspoon almond extract
- add 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- add 1/3 cup blanched almonds
- Prehat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet (or two) with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Place egg whites in a totally grease free bowl and beat until frothy (medium speed) Add cream of tartar, beat at high speed until soft peaks form.
- Beat in the almond extract and the sugar, 1 tbsp at a time.
- Continue to beat until the meringue is shiny& stiff.
- Gently fold in the almonds.
- Drop by tbsp onto the parchment covered cookie sheet.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 30 minutes, then turn the oven off, do not open the oven door and let the cookies sit for another 30 minutes Remove from the oven and cool ON THE BAKING SHEETS before trying to remove.
- Keep in tighly closed tins.