This is such an easy recipe to make. A modified version of the original recipe (I buy premade tart shells instead of making them)from an old five roses flour cookbook.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/4 teaspoon almond flavoring
- add 9 teaspoons jam or jelly (your favourite, I like strawberry)
- add 1 egg
- add 1/4 cup ground almonds
- add 18 prepared tart shells (or your favourite pastry recipe)
- add 1/3 cup icing sugar
- Place 1/2 teaspoon jam or jelly in each tart shell and bake in hot oven at 450 until shells are half-bake about 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Combine ground almonds and icing sugar. add almond flavouring to egg and beat well. Worl beaten egg into sugar mixture.
- Place a tablespoon of filling into each tart shell.
- Bake at 350 for 7 to 10 minutes or until delicately browned.