Servs: 16 Prep: Cook:
"In case there was any doubt, here's proof that diamonds are a girl's best friend. Yum!"
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- add 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- add 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam or preserves, warmed
- add 1/2 cup sugar
- add 1/2 cup butter (no substitutes)
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 2 eggs
- add 1 cup all-purpose flour
- add 1 (10 ounce) package vanilla or white chips, divided
- In a saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Remove from heat and add 1 cup chips. Let stand, without stirring, to soften chips. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs until foamy. Add sugar; beat until thickened and lemon colored. Beat in chip mixture and extract. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Spread half of the batter into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 325 degrees F for 17-20 minutes or until golden brown. Spread raspberry jam over warm crust. Stir remaining vanilla chips into the remaining batter. Spoon over raspberry layer. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake for 20-23 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack before cutting.