"This cake is sweet and almondy with rhubarb delectability."
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- add 1 egg
- add 1/3 cup white sugar
- add 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 1 cup milk
- add 1 teaspoon baking soda
- add 1 1/2 cups rhubarb, chopped
- add 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- add 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- add 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- add 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 9 inch round pans.
- In a large bowl, beat brown sugar, oil, egg, and vanilla together until smooth. Combine flour, salt and baking soda; add to sugar mixture alternately with milk. Beat until smooth. Stir in rhubarb and 1/2 cup almonds. Pour into prepared pans.
- In a small bowl, combine white sugar and butter or margarine. Stir in 1/4 cup almonds. Sprinkle topping over batter.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the cake tests done.