If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 1/4 ounces slivered almonds
- add 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- add 6 medium pears
- add 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- add 1/3 cup dry sherry
- add 1 1/2 cups water
- Place pear halves, cut side down, in a 12 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish.
- Combine sherry and water; pour over pears.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Turn pear halves over.
- Combine almonds, sugar, and almond extract; stir well, and spoon equal amounts into cavity of each pear.
- Bake uncovered, 5 additional minutes; serve warm.