Servs: 6 Prep: Cook:
"Pears make a comforting side dish in this special recipe shared by Margaret Allen of Abingdon, Virginia. 'We enjoy this hot fruit with a ham dinner,' she says."
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/3 cup white grape juice
- add 1 1/2 cups water
- add 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- add 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- add 6 medium pears, peeled, halved, and cored
- add 1/2 cup finely chopped toasted almonds
- Place pears, cut side down, in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in baking dish. Combine water and grape juice; pour over pears. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 35-45 minutes or until tender. Turn the pears over. Combine almonds, sugar and extract; mix well. Spoon into pear cavities. Bake, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Serve warm.