Another pot-luck recipe with almonds. O.K. so I like almonds.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 teaspoon baking powder
- add 1 cup flour
- add 3 tablespoons milk
- add 1 cup sugar
- add 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- add 1/2 cup butter
- add 4 eggs
- add 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- add 2 tablespoons sugar
- Cream butter and 1/2 cup sugar.
- Add egg yolks (well beaten), almond extract, and milk.
- Sift together and add flour and baking powder.
- Spread mixture in greased cake pan.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and gradually add 1/2 cup sugar.
- Fold in almonds.
- Spread meringue over cake mixture and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.