These are so pretty, perfect for impressing your friends at a tea party. Actually, they're good any time! You can make them ahead of time and freeze for later. Enjoy!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 cup sugar
- add milk
- add 1/2 cup ground almonds
- add 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- add 4 cups all-purpose flour
- add 2 cups butter or margarine
- add 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- add 2 eggs
- add 1 teaspoon baking powder
- add 1 egg white
- add sliced almonds
- add 3/4 cup sugar
- add 4 teaspoons almond extract (or to taste)
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars.Add eggs and extract;mix well.Add flour and baking powder (dough will be soft).Chill.
- For filling, stir egg white, sugar, ground almonds and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Remove a portion of the dough at a time from the refrigerator.Place 1-inch balls of dough into miniature muffin cups, pressing slightly into sides and bottom.Place 1/2 tsp of filling into each.Cover with quarter-sized circles of dough.Brush with a little milk and top with an almond.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20--25 minutes or until golden.