Servs: 12 Prep: Cook:
"This bread is surprising moist and has a wonderful flavor. For a little variation, you can add nuts or raisins."
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- add 3/4 cup white sugar
- add 1/4 cup applesauce
- add 2 egg whites
- add 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- add 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- add 1 cup banana, mashed
- add 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8x4 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Add egg whites, bananas and applesauce; stir just until combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean. Turn out onto wire rack and allow to cool before slicing.