These are really close to the real thing. My family was in heaven! They're great for dinner, football parties, or kid's birthday parties. I'm not real fond of White Castle myself but I gobbled these up. Note: To freeze: Assemble hambugers less the condiments. Flash freeze, wrap in plastic wrap, put in a ziplock bag and label. To heat: Microwave until heated through.
- add 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- add 1/2 cup mustard
- add 1/2 cup ketchup
- add 1 (4 tablespoon) envelope onion soup mix
- add 24 small square dinner rolls
- add 1 egg
- add American cheese (optional)
- add 2 tablespoons water
- add 1 1/2 lbs ground chuck
- add pickles (optional)
- add 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Hamburgers: Mix first 6 ingredients and press into an ungreased 10 by 15 inch jelly roll pan.
- Prick with a fork.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Drain off juices (if there's alot of excess).
- Cut into 24 squares.
- Place squares on dinner rolls.
- Combine mustard and ketchup and spread on rolls.
- Top with pickles and cheese, if desired.
- This makes 12 servings of 2 hamburgers each.